Google
 

Welcome


Powered by IP2Location.com
Remember . . . When you visit this BLOG and you see a photo you like, just click on the photo to enlarge it.

A BIG grass hopper

On Jan 23rd I walked out onto the verandah and discovered this BIG grasshopper. What makes it so special is that I have never seen one so large.





He stayed still for over 10 minutes and let me take many photos of him.





I was not sure I would get very close.





He was almost 4 inches long. This pic was taken with the camera just 3 inches from him and still he didn't move.

Finally he had studied me enough and he jumped (not flew) up to the top of the tree in front of our house, a distance of about 20 feet.


Photos by Urso Branco

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Support a living planet - Join WWF